Powered By Blogger

Quality versus Quantity:Part 2

Last week I posted how hard it is to find one good genuine sugar relationship yet I am swamped with contacts so why is that?  I attracted quantity...every wannabe in a hundred mile radius!  I have been changing how I interview and screen a Potential and have considered changing my profile when the most amazing thing happened..I found a genuine article of an SD which I will blog about later. In my quest to find an arrangement that I would feel comfortable with I have had to meet quite a few Potentials.. enters Mr. Bobblehead.  What can I saw about this adorable man at first glance except the place where he gets his shirts cleaned at needs to lay off the starch around the collars!!!

At first glance he had amazing potential.. over the course of a couple weeks we had exchanged emails, graduating to phone calls and text.. even a skype or two which gave me a glimpse of where he was at.. surroundings were very plush and I slowly realized he could afford to pursue a sugar arrangement.  On a Thursday he calls and suggest we meet in Chicago as he will be there on business and I happily agree feeling more comfortable about taking the extra time to get to know him.  Conversations with him have been great and we have talked about so many things like world affairs, politics, human interest items that have come up on the news and also about ourselves.  He never came off condescending and actually practiced active listening skills. So I spent the rest of the day heading off for a little extra pampering, facial, nail salon, hair dresser.. and of course my beloved gym.  I thought I would go out of the way to show him how I can look good for any occasion and the next morning carefully choose my wardrope opting for a hot little pencil skirt and matching jacket by Hermes and a Dior white linen off the shoulder blouse that is tailor to fit like a second skin...classic but sexy..add to that 4 inch stilettos, silk stockings held up by a black lace garter belt by Victoria Secrets , a statement necklace in 10k gold with black onyx and matching earrings.. matching handbag and a few dabs of channel perfume and I felt completely put together for any occasion.

Our meeting was at 6 p.m and I arrived with 10 minutes to spare as I was meeting him in the lobby of his hotel and the butterflies were working overtime from anticipation.  As I walked into the lobby I got a few appreciative smiles and nods from a group of gentlemen gathered their and before I could approach the desk to have his room rang.. the very debonair gentlemen approached me   and informed me my pictures and skype did not do me justice and I looked even better in person. ;)  Nice opening line, I will give him that but he had already been drinking as I could smell the alcohol on his breath.  So we headed out to dinner to a restaurant that had a great view of the city.. and started with drinks.. I had one glass of wine while he knocked down 6 double shots of scotch even before we ordered dinner and all the time he maintained a charming easy going demeanor.  Never showing any signs of actually being intoxicated I figured he must hold his liquor well. After we ordered dinner I started sharing a humorous story with him and much to my amazement he started laughing very loudly like I donkey...hee hawing so loudly that other patrons at the restaurant were turning their heads staring.  As he laughed his head would bobble like one of those little bobble-head dolls , and it was more pronounced due to the stiff starched collar and his short neck.  I tried to control my amusement and encourage him to eat.. thinking he might actually be drunk but he was walking good when he got to the restaurant.  Conversation continued to flow and through all of this he was so pleasant and enjoyable that I just ignored the occasional stares when his laughter got so loud.  After dinner we headed down the elevator and he suggested a night cap which I quickly refused..and proceeded to the door.. it is one of those revolving doors that you push and I get in with him right behind me and take no more than 3 or 4 steps when Mr. Bobble-head bobbles right on top of me...yes you heard me right he falls right on top of me in a revolving door  with glass all around..OMG  was I freaked.  He had passed out.. he had never shown any signs of stumbling when he walked but I knew he had too much to drink.  After a little maneuvering and wiggling I was able to get out from underneath him.. and discovered that the  door was in a position that only had about a 3 or 4 inch opening to the outside and glass all around us.. I checked his pulse to make sure he was okay and then tried with all my might to drag him forward so I could keep moving the door forward.  A man passing by outside saw my dilemma and helped when I got enough of a gap for him to reach in an pull.. as he was able to get Mr. Bobble-head out I realized that as I had offered to drive I was still responsible for him and this gentleman got a first aide kit out of his vehicle with smelling salts and brought the man too.  He helped me get him to my car and I took him back .. he was apologetic but getting drunker by the minutes.. as I pulled up I had the valet help him into the hotel and headed home.  The next day I had an email from him that stated he had a wonderful time..lol.. and sorry for getting so inebriated and wanted to meet again.. but I passed.  The point of sharing this story is because it opened my eyes to all the things we do not know about each other in the sugar world.  As a sugar babe it is generally expected that we maintain an air of being all together...the complete package at all times.. and I do not think that men even realize just what we go through to look good for them.. all the waxing.. salon appointments...working out... to deliver that complete package.

SD's often focus on the outer package where women often focus on the inside as well as the out side.  Mr. Bobble-head had a great deal going for him and the only problem for me with him was his excessive drinking which caused some mild discomfort for me.. especially so early in learning more about him.  So what is quality when one is searching for a potential sugar... are you concerned only with the money?  how he looks? or how he acts? Maybe you want the complete package too... yet trust me as in every day life we all have imperfections that others do not like but often tolerate.  Gratefully I have learned from Mr. Bobble-head and still exchange an occasional email with him but have learned he often has alcoholic blackouts so very glad I passed.    From this experience I started to examine what qualities a person needed to possess for me to feel comfortable.  I am not talking about normal everyday dating relationships which my standards would even be higher but in the Sugar World.  Social drinking is fine but you must know when to stop so I realized I have to ask about how much drinking an SD perceives as social drinking.Being a woman we need to always think of safety and when someone is under the influence of alcohol they can often get out of control so I realize initially I need to watch for these types of signs to maintain my own safety.  So on to the list>>>>>>

My Quality List:  What make an SD a man of Quality?

Honesty... this is one of the most desired traits among us girls... we like to know we can count on them.. and honesty in their sugar relationship is an absolute must for me...   want more???  Stay tune to Part 3 of the complete list and yes there will be a few surprises that most do not think about... what would be on your quality list?

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha :) I was envisioning what in the world I would do if caught in your predicament. I must applaud you with how you handled it, because I would have put him in a cab. Simply because some people get a lil too "handsy" or rude when drunk and I wouldn't want to deal with it.

    I will answer honestly your question what makes a SD quality to me. He should be able to meet my set allowance (and hopefully more) is of importance. We may all say "no amount of money, blah, blah," but if you truly read the blogs you will note things like age and negative behaviors get overlooked if the shopping, trips, and allowance are great...for awhile. Of course, honest & trustworthy, as this is purely a relationship set upon those two. A personality that draws me to them via humor, intelligence, wit, and will put up with my bratty self :)

    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterfly Sugar: I love your blog and am addicted..smiles to you.. and actually before meeting Mr. Bobble-head I actually discussed it with another SB who was my safety net in Chitown if something went wrong. Her advice was not only to only meet in the lobby of his hotel.. but not go upstairs and since I would be driving to realize he would see my license plate number so make sure I really trusted him as this would lead to my home address. I did not simply put him in a cab as he was a happy drunk at least and I had developed an easy communication with him through phone calls before the meet and I never felt in fear at any point and was actually concerned about his safety. Handing him over to a strange cabbie in the big city did not even cross my mind. I still hear from him on occasion and he is now working on his drinking problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you saw in my blog, I've had a few experiences with SB's who had a drinking problem. :) Now I avoid them like the plague!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SD Guru: I understand avoiding them like the plague..lol.. I list myself as a social drinker.. but in reality it involves a glass of wine with a very fine dinner.. otherwise I much prefer to have all my facilities. It can get a little freaky for either a SB/SD when they are thrown in those situations. I imagine the percentile is actually quite high for meeting a pot and them drinking like a fish..lol.

    ReplyDelete