Powered By Blogger

Tarnish Halo

When we enter the sugar bowl we are often unprepared and at one point everyone is a newbie.. and slowly we learn how to negotiate an arrangement in the sugar world.  We often meet lots of fakes and just when we think we have heard everything and try to learn from the mistakes we have made.. some how ones slips through that tops everything we have seen so far.  I am usually a very patient person and actually believe in Karma that what you put out comes back to you.. but lately I have had my doubts.. as the few bumps in the road I have ran into I have dealt with them being true to myself and keeping my dignity and sweet spirit through out.  So tonight I get a phone call on my sugar phone but I did not recognize the number and for someone to be calling it I assume I gave this person the number.

I answer and he says hello how have you been sugar.. I did not recognize the voice but he called me sugar so automatically I think it is someone who I had been messaging that had not gotten around to calling me until now.  I tell him I am doing well ask him how he has been.. He tells me good.. wants to know if he is calling me at a bad time.  Of course I tell him no.. desperately trying to rack my brain to determine who I am talking too.  He tells me he has been very busy lately but he had something very exciting to share with me.. so I start thinking he must have just made an arrangement with someone else and giving me a courtesy call.. I mean like what else would it be.  So I tell him well tell me.. but before you do could you please refresh my memory on who you are can you give me your profile number?? 

He was quiet for a second and then said oh you mean my account number.. and gave me a 6 digit number.. so I am booting up my computer to look it up not really thinking about the fact that he said account number so he starts telling me this story about this sweet little gal with the face of angel.. and I am thinking OMG he is actually going to go into details about his new sugar babe.. still waiting on computer to load.. so I try to stall him.. asking him why he feels he needs to tell me about this.  He starts laughing and told me when he finishes I will understand..so he launches back into this story about Mary with the face of an angel.. and how she was seeing this guy but they had not had sex but shortly after seeing this guy she became pregnant.. I started laughing saying that is why all women should insist on rain coats.. no laughter from him just silence.. and at this point I am logging into the site where my profile is and going to search my profile number to see if I remember this person but when I entered the number I got nothing.. so now I am confused.. and he is asking me how do I not know this happened in the winter where a flimsy rain coat would not be much protection WTF.. OMG now I am getting more confused.. and I interrupt telling him I have no idea who I am talking to and I entered his number but could not pull up his profile is he sure he gave me the correct number.. again he says you mean my account.. your profile on SA.. what is SA.. OMG who am I talking too?  So I just spit it out there and said the only ones who have my sugar phone number are potential sugar daddies and you have my number but for the life of me I have no idea who you are?  A very shocked voice on the other end says is this Rebecca?  I said not and you are not a sugar daddy are you?.. he informs me NO and maybe I need to hear the end of his story and introduces himself as a Pastor from St. Micheals...OMG.. ouch.. now after feeling like I just confessed or something I patiently let him finish story realizing at that point he was telling the story of Mother Mary...and when he finished he was correlating the no room at the Inn with the amount of people in the area that are losing their homes in this economy and was looking for volunteers and donations to help the homeless as the weather is turning cold and their shelter has many needs..Feeling very unsure of myself I offer help and now you know he has to figure out that my extra money is coming from a sugar daddy..lol.. and he graciously thanks me.. tells me where to send the check and hangs up after he takes my information..   Tonight my halo which I keep polished and sparkling feels a little tarnished tonight.  The moral of my story is never take for granted that just because someone is calling you on your sugar phone that it has anything to do with sugar..lol.. and since when do associate pastors make the calls themselves?

Have you ever found yourself in an uncomfortable situation when you are searching and due to the fact that you are speaking with more than one potential or have given out your phone number to more than one person that you struggle to figure out who you are talking to?  In the future I will not take it for granted that just because that phone rings that it has anything to do with sugar dating.. the kicker is he was actually calling Rebecca who I assume has donated before and either miscalled the number or that is who had the number before me as I just recently got this disposable phone for sugar purposes last month so I would not be giving out my personal one.  Either way it all happens for a reason and I started thinking about the holidays and how many people would be going without if it were not for organizations like this so I am actually glad I got the call and donated.. and plan to call there in the morning and see what else I can do to help.. yes volunteer.. if they allow angels with tarnished halos to help. ;)  We often get so caught up in the sugar world of pampering and being pampered that is easy to forget all those who are suffering and going without during the holidays so I challenge everyone who reads this blog to think about making some strangers life a little sweeter this year and donate to one of your local shelters or charities that help provide food or gifts for children during the holiday season. 

4 comments:

  1. Lol, that's a hillarious phone call you got there. I got one of those pre-paid cell phones so my number is out to the few "potential sugars" I've had but now I know that anyone could call and not to be blurting out things like pots and numbers.

    Nicely said. I like giving away too. Not too recently I was hitting the food bank and thrift stores which I'll have to go to again soon to pick out new clothes for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moral of the story is don't answer your sugar phone if you don't know who is calling! :) I prefer text and email over phone calls anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chloebaby and Guru: It never dawned on me that when I got the sugar phone that someone else would have had that number before me.. and of course I might have questioned it if it had been a woman's voice..lol.. but in the end it is all good as it reminded me of some important facts and one of those is a pair of Louboutin's are not as important in the big scheme of things when the holidays are upon us and there are so many people who are struggling. Even us sugars can do our part and pass a little sweetness on to those who are less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that's creepy . . . and pastor-types are creepier than anything you'll find on SA. A pot SD will either provide you with money or not; a representative of the Church will WANT your money!

    ReplyDelete