Powered By Blogger

When a flicker becomes a flame!

Hello Sugar Sisters and SD's

Most of you who read my blog know I recently changed lots of things about my search process and evening choosing an SD who could not offer me as much financial support as I needed but I felt that his quality character was equally important.  Last night I had a date with him which is the last time I will see him this year.. and that little flicker that I saw in his character turned into a giant flame.  He came bearing gifts and not the traditional stuff you expect out of your SD. No shoes, jewelery, or lingerie. So you are wondering what gives?

As you know I am in school and working hard but for my chosen field it requires much added  expense in the cost of materials that I need for painting and sculpting. He made three trips to his SUV which was loaded with so many blessing. Slabs of various clays, canvas, and other supplies I was running dangerously low on.. I just had an installation art show which was a success but have my big show that showcases my talents next year and still have not got all the required pieces ready for it.  I was so humbled by this act of kindness and appreciation.  It simply validated what I already had realized about this exceptional SD and yes girls, sometimes it is those gifts that move us closer to our goals that count more than a trinket. 

So last night I spent an amazing evening wrapped up in the arms of my SD.. grateful I gave him the chance and that little flicker burned hotly throughout the night into a giant flame that could not be extinguished.  I did not get any sleep..lol.. but I left this morning feeling so very satisfied in every way.  And the moral to what I am sharing is simple.. when we create a bond with an SD based on understanding, trust and honesty, and daring to be humble and vulnerable to let them see who we really are.. they will often develop a mutual concern for us and find ways to make sure our lives our easier.  As for the supplies.. this is one of the things I had my allowance earmarked for and have already gotten the allowance to take care of me through the end of the year.. this was extra so when I factor the cost of the supplies he brought which were substantial it moved me to the category of assistance I was seeking in the first place.

With his schedule we are not to see each other again until January.. but he asked me if he could get back here for one day in Dec. if I would consider seeing him.. OH Yes!!! that was my answer without hesitation.  It is often hard to find the time during the holiday season but last night was so sweet and now I am so grateful that I accepted his arrangement.  So was my search for quality worth it... I think so but time will tell as this is still a new arrangement.  What I have learned in this journey is to just be me, take the time to know a Pot before meeting him, make sure you know who the person is and take the time to learn enough about him to feel comfortable and establish an element of trust.  There were a few contacts who tried to rush me and even one who wanted a free tryout.. I am not a tryout kind of girl neither free or paid.  I came into this with the goal to have a sugar relationship like I have had in the past, one that feels like you are with your best friend at times, one that has smoking passion and will not fall to the 3 month curse. 


What I have found is a mutually beneficial sugar arrangement that is already growing in trust with each date and although there are times that I will have to go for 6 to 8 weeks without seeing him as at this time I can not travel overseas at this stage of my finishing school due to art exhibits etc. , I ended up with exactly what I set out to find.  Sure I had lots of bumps along the way and I always said that it would just make the sugar arrangement I chose for myself at some point to be all the sweeter...and that statement rings so true now.  So is taking the time to find the right arrangement for you worth it?  I can only speak for myself but I think so.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are pretty content in the new arrangement, happy for you kiddo! Just remember it is still very new and lets see if he continues to be so genuine as you call it.. bet he poofs within the first three months..lol.. ok just kidding with you. So tell me, do you think by accepting far less than your needs are did you settle financially because it was getting hard for you money wise , or you realized that you are not worth as much money to someone who can only invest a weekend a month???

    ReplyDelete