Powered By Blogger

Quality versus Quantity: Final Chapter

As I transitioned meeting pot SD's from real life events to searching in the online world using the amazing technology that we are blessed with, I have learned that it is so much harder in the online format.  We do not initially have the opportunity to look in a pot's eyes or observe body language that is often a key way to discovering a person's truthfulness. We are often faced with quantity in contacts that lack quality and oh it is so frustrating. I purposely listed a link to definitions for quality as there is one thing that sticks out in the definition:
  1. any of the features that make something what it is; characteristic element; attribute
  2. basic nature; character; kind
  3. the degree of excellence which a thing possesses
  4. excellence; superiorityThe first four all refer to something that is superior.. a cut above the rest and basic nature or character!  That's right quality is that element that sets apart those designer shoes from the Pay-less Shoes or that Dior , Channel or Versace outfit from those so called designer labels at discount stores.  We ladies know our clothes.. know that the quality of the fabric makes them last longer, the way it is sewn strengthens those seams and the cut of the cloth often gives us that extra fabulous look. It is that degree of excellence that something or someone possesses!  When we put on the true designer clothes, we know we look our best, they are designed to fit us in a way that shows off our bodies and accentuates our best features to perfection.  We gain confidence when we are dressed in clothing that makes a statement.A potential sugar can talk and paint a lovely picture, anyone can talk but this does not mean that their words even have an element of truth in them.  On the flip side anyone if they can afford it can put on the designer garments but at the end of the day this does not make their basic nature one that is of excellence as the garments can not make up for lack of character!  Quality is the complete package!  The definition also refers to a social standing.. and yes there is where a real SD can afford an arrangement, however, that still does not mean he retains the quality of character and where we need to really examine what qualities a potential has that would make him or her desirable in an arrangement.  This also means a critical hard look at ourselves and our own character and what sets us aside from the rest and use those characteristic elements to our advantage.  If it is a more traditional sugar arrangement that one wants then we need to examine what is important to us when it comes to quality character traits.  A successful arrangement for me in the past has involved opening myself up to a SD, being honest and at times vulnerable and trust that he appreciated me enough to do the same.  For awhile I had a few bad experiences in my search as I forgot what is important to me.. and yes having financial help is important but what was more important was that the person I chose to develop a SD/SB relationship with me be someone I can trust and learn from.  Chemistry is important but what good is chemistry if there are so many character deficits that create drama.  On the flip side I know that many Sugar Daddies feel the same way and often find after a short period of time the SB is not who she presented her self to be.  It is a two way street and really an arrangement is all about appreciation!  He appreciates me, who I am, what I do for him so he wants to help me and visa versa.. I appreciate my SD so I do things to show him how much I appreciate him.. both in and out of the bedroom.  We often get caught up in perceived drama as we initially forget to cover things when we make an arrangement that covers how much contact.  Some SD's want occasional contact in between meets and others want a lot ..phone call, text or email.. they want to feel a connection to their sugar.  As an SB I learned to put those little details on the table in advance to make sure we are on the same page with how often meeting, how much contact, how much discretion is necessary.. if this is solely a behind closed doors arrangement or one that requires traveling, doing social things.  Most important is sharing a piece of ourselves.. showing our character and having respect for our SD.. not belittling him because he is older.  After all we are the ones looking.. for a sugar relationship not for an ever after scenario.  Lastly I want to address one of the biggest mistakes so many SB's make.. finances.  We get that allowance and think this arrangement is going to go on forever but it is an arrangement and the parting should be just as sweet as the beginning.  I remain friends with my former SD's as I really did appreciate who they are, what they did for me and learned to respect and trust them and built strong friendships that have survived far beyond the arrangement.  They taught me how to be wise with my finances and save a little extra for when it does end so I do not have to panic.  Even today I know they still care about my well being as I do theirs.. but today as a friend.  I have been very blessed to know some amazing sugar daddies who have that quality, albeit a small hand full of them but hey quantity is not everything.. Quality IS!  Now I am off to meet an amazing sugar daddy for lunch and a long deserved catch up session on what is going on in our lives.. lost contact with him over a year ago and glad to hear from him.. like I said quality is everything.. and most of all it is sincere, caring, understanding,honest and open.. and oh so sugary. ;)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Sunny, did not think when I posted!! As for quality here are my thoughts, as a man it is easier to let a SB go when they have annoying personality traits or when they just keep lying about stuff. This is why I usually say Next after 6 weeks to 4 months.

    Now if I wanted a SB for a sugar arrangement that might last a year or more I must say that she would have to have some excellent character qualities but also not be abrasive, or falling down drunk all the time. Would want her to be honest, demonstrate that she appreciates what I do for her through actions, be considerate, and have some intelligence. So there is my list- short and effective.

    ReplyDelete